Skip to main content

40+

That could mean a number of things, but sadly it means that I am over 40lbs gained this year. 

In fact, I have gained 40lbs in 7 months. Since I switched to NDT, since my thyroid numbers leveled out.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

It was gradual-ish, a little over a pound a week. I wished it away as water weight, an off day or a wonky scale. I thought it would mellow out once the meds kicked in, but my friends they have kicked in. 
Look. Those are great numbers, normal... nothing to complain about. 

But I am up 40lbs, I am full of brain fog, wearing glasses, exhausted and grumpy. 

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

And maybe you're thinking... but muscle weighs more than fat and that is true, but I also haven't lost any inches. 

You've heard the list before of all the things I think I am doing right... but it doesn't matter. 

I didn't feel as pessimistic as I expected. I assumed my numbers would be terrible and that I could blame this crummy thyroid for all my problems, but seeing these numbers says my sweet little thyroid doesn't deserve the blame. I do. I am doing something to mess this up, I just can't figure out what. 

Do I go back to synthetic, which I never lost on, but didn't gain rapidly either? Or do I keep true? At what point do I do something? 

And what else is there? Usually when I tip the scale unfavourably I aspire to be better, but I am killing the game, meal prep, food journals, dry brushing, meditation, water intake, healthy fats, supplements, cardio and strength training. 

Please do the poll.... please decide for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Willpower Instinct - Chapter One

I am reading this book to develop the willpower required to tackle my goals. The beauty of this Book is broken down into Chapters, with a goal and experiment in each. You build off the following week. Chapter One is about setting your challenge, developing your 'I will', 'I won't' and 'I want' goals, finding your trigger (early every time) and meditation (strengthening your frontal cortex). I posted my 'I' goals and have stuck to them the entire week, reciting them in my head when temptation wanes. I will get health, I won't sabotage myself, I want to be fit. I can proudly say I haven't slipped on my diet or fitness intentions, even adding kick-boxing to my routine. Just from that I have lost 5lbs. I have a journal of my triggers. Who knew they were rooted in waste?! I hate wasting food. That's why when I am full, but there is food on my plate, I continue to eat; why I eat off of my son's plates (they never eat); why I ind...

Mindful Eating

I got my package. I will write a post about it, but I am still overwhelmed and waiting for guidance. I read it cover to cover and took away the things I could understand: Eat every 3 hours during waking hours, to keep my metabolism humming along (I am not sure if this is old-truth, but as I promised Richard, I will do the program as it was designed for me). I am designed for 'burst' work-outs, but likely to obtain soft tissue injuries.  I tolerate alcohol well, because of this I don't likely have hang-overs and need to be conscious of my intake. I need to set 5 attainable and measurable goals (harder than it sounds). Mindfulness eating will likely be the key to my success.  Let's look at number 5; mindful eating. This is what keeps you from eating out of boredom, prevents mindless snacking and makes the process of eating more enjoyable. I think it's the same principle as food journals or budget journals -- being aware and in the moment keeps you from ov...

The Willpower Instinct - Chapter Three

I didn't do this chapter, I probably should have, but I didn't have the willpower (the irony is not lost on me). The experiment for this week was to pick an 'I will' or an 'I won't' goal and stick to it. This means... I won't swear, I will use my left hand to brush my teeth; it is suppose to be something challenging, in line with your will power goal, but also traceable. I couldn't think of anything I wasn't already doing. I also didn't want to over complicated this balancing act (ie. Isagenix, Intermittent Fasting, Thyroid supplementing and calorie counting... hmpf). Just writing that sentence highlights the struggles in my life... I take on too much. And with that I just figured out my will power goal for Chapter Three. I won't weigh myself everyday (multiple times a day). It might not seem like a lot, but I am obsessed. As of this post I won't weigh myself outside of Friday mornings as part of my groups weekly weigh in....