Skip to main content

Where have I been?

I went down a dark road. I road littered with good intentions, but still dark and wide.

Sometimes my insecurities, my esteem dwindle and I run out of the energy to silence the voices screaming I am not good enough. Sometimes I quietly agree with them and eat the Oreos in darkness wishing I could just disappear.

This is the roller-coaster that is me. I try at something and when it doesn't work (usually because it wasn't right for me, not that I wasn't doing it right) I beat the hell out of myself and every aspect of my life suffers. I forget to smile at the good times, I wallow in the bad times and I get stuck.

Sometimes it lasts a day, an hour... this time it was months of hopelessness, feeling lost, alone and like a full blown failure. I tried to handle it alone, I tried to hide how it felt to suck at life. Mostly I succeed... something I am best at, pretending I am ok.

I think I am on the other side, I think I am ready to dive back into health and wellness, I think I found my program and I think I will find my success.

Stay tuned, for a happy post about what is happening now.

Yours in health-esque,

Melanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Willpower Instinct - Chapter One

I am reading this book to develop the willpower required to tackle my goals. The beauty of this Book is broken down into Chapters, with a goal and experiment in each. You build off the following week. Chapter One is about setting your challenge, developing your 'I will', 'I won't' and 'I want' goals, finding your trigger (early every time) and meditation (strengthening your frontal cortex). I posted my 'I' goals and have stuck to them the entire week, reciting them in my head when temptation wanes. I will get health, I won't sabotage myself, I want to be fit. I can proudly say I haven't slipped on my diet or fitness intentions, even adding kick-boxing to my routine. Just from that I have lost 5lbs. I have a journal of my triggers. Who knew they were rooted in waste?! I hate wasting food. That's why when I am full, but there is food on my plate, I continue to eat; why I eat off of my son's plates (they never eat); why I ind...

Mindful Eating

I got my package. I will write a post about it, but I am still overwhelmed and waiting for guidance. I read it cover to cover and took away the things I could understand: Eat every 3 hours during waking hours, to keep my metabolism humming along (I am not sure if this is old-truth, but as I promised Richard, I will do the program as it was designed for me). I am designed for 'burst' work-outs, but likely to obtain soft tissue injuries.  I tolerate alcohol well, because of this I don't likely have hang-overs and need to be conscious of my intake. I need to set 5 attainable and measurable goals (harder than it sounds). Mindfulness eating will likely be the key to my success.  Let's look at number 5; mindful eating. This is what keeps you from eating out of boredom, prevents mindless snacking and makes the process of eating more enjoyable. I think it's the same principle as food journals or budget journals -- being aware and in the moment keeps you from ov...

The Willpower Instinct - Chapter Three

I didn't do this chapter, I probably should have, but I didn't have the willpower (the irony is not lost on me). The experiment for this week was to pick an 'I will' or an 'I won't' goal and stick to it. This means... I won't swear, I will use my left hand to brush my teeth; it is suppose to be something challenging, in line with your will power goal, but also traceable. I couldn't think of anything I wasn't already doing. I also didn't want to over complicated this balancing act (ie. Isagenix, Intermittent Fasting, Thyroid supplementing and calorie counting... hmpf). Just writing that sentence highlights the struggles in my life... I take on too much. And with that I just figured out my will power goal for Chapter Three. I won't weigh myself everyday (multiple times a day). It might not seem like a lot, but I am obsessed. As of this post I won't weigh myself outside of Friday mornings as part of my groups weekly weigh in....